HVAC with no AC hooked up - help!

Users who are viewing this thread

smonroe

Reaction score
We have a new home with Radiant floor heating on all three levels (basement, main and Loft), ICF foundation with HVAC however we currently do NOT have an AC unit, although the rough in is there for the future. I have been unable to find ANYTHING telling me if it's OK (even preferable) to run the HVAC in summer (all year) and if so, is there anything I should watch for?:confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can't think of any reason why you couldn't run a/c if you install it. With a really tight house, you may want to install a heat recovery air exchange system to bring in fresh air without losing the money you spent conditioning it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
HVAC means "heating, ventilation, and air conditioning" . What do you want to run? If you have no cooling unit...well you just don't. If you mean can you run the system on "fan" to circulate some air....no problem whatsoever.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks