Horizontal Wet Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Marchiano

Reaction score
Is one of these plans better than the other for the tub? Wye farther down vs. double wye with reducer. Thanks.
205856FE-1738-4F56-A38D-20CCF570E45F.jpeg

Attachments

• 2C3447F7-3E63-4F85-A57A-8E482EA4FB8F.jpeg
    2C3447F7-3E63-4F85-A57A-8E482EA4FB8F.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 47

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The controversial flat double wye!! Most if not all jurisdictions won't let you install a double wye on its back because both of the inlets don't have grade. UPC also wants the toilet to be the Most downstream fixture in a H-Wet Vented system, so your tub would need to be either downstream and vented separately or connect upstream of the toilet and wrap around.

Marchiano

Reaction score
The controversial flat double wye!! Most if not all jurisdictions won't let you install a double wye on its back because both of the inlets don't have grade. UPC also wants the toilet to be the Most downstream fixture in a H-Wet Vented system, so your tub would need to be either downstream and vented separately or connect upstream of the toilet and wrap around.
Good to know. I actually already have it plumbed like that but the tub trap arm might end up being too long once I put one in so I was hoping to make a shorter route. Looks like I’ll be separately venting it. Do you happen to know if a separately vented fixture is allowed to drain into the toilet’s arm (within a wet vented system) under the UPC or does it absolutely have to be downstream? I know it’s allowed under Canadian code.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Canadian code also wants the toilets most downstream. But they allow a double wye. Any bathroom fixture within the bathroom group may connect within the horizontal wet vented system even if its vented on its own. There is no limitation to the number of vents a fixture or system may have.. just odd. (I've had to argue this with inspectors)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks