HELP: gerber 21-374 floor mount back outlet bowl waste outlet thickness

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by munkyboi, Jan 29, 2013.

  1. munkyboi

    munkyboi New Member

    Sep 20, 2007
    New York

    i have a gerber 21-310 floor mount back outlet toilet and i need to replace its gasket.

    i found the gasket here (3rd one from the top):

    as you can see, they come in same size but in 4 different thickness.

    i called them up and they advised me to measure the thickness of horn of the waste outline, then add 1/8" and that's the thickness that i should get.

    i am trying to find out the thickness of the horn of the waste outlet without pulling the toilet out, so i called gerber customer service and the person didn't know the answer and that he will forward my question to their engineers and he said it might take a while for them to get back to me.

    i called several gerber dealers but they don't have the bowl on display so they can't really take the measurement for me.

    in the meantime, i found the specs sheet of the bowl online and i can't definitively pinpoint the measurement of the waste outlet horn from the diagram. but i do see a measurement of 7/8" on the diagram that seems to indicate the distance between the finished wall to the back of the toilet, but i am not sure what part of the back of the toilet it is based on. if that is indeed the thickness of the waste outlet horn, and if i add 1/8" to it as suggested by the plumbing company, then i would need to order the gasket with 1" thickness. but i don't know if that is what the measurement is on the diagram.

    here is the link of the specs sheet with the diagram:,d.d2k

    can someone please take a look at the diagram and see whether or not that 7/8" measurement is indeed the thickness of the waste outlet horn?

    better yet, does anyone have an access of the actual bowl and be able to help me take an actual measurement of it?

    any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

  2. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    There isn't a spec on a sheet that's going to help with that.
    It depends on where the flange is in relation to the bowl.
    I would expect it to be a standard ring back there. Either a sponge rubber or reinforced wax marked for wall outlet.
    I would think that a Sani-Seal would work there too.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. munkyboi

    munkyboi New Member

    Sep 20, 2007
    New York
    thanks terry for your response.

    yes, i am getting a standard sponge rubber one that is 6-3/4" OD x 3-1/2" ID

    but i don't know which thickness to get because they have 4 thickness available (3/8", 9/16", 3/4" & 1")

Similar Threads: HELP gerber
Forum Title Date
Toilet Forum discussions First House Confused About Parts For Gerber Toilet Help... Feb 23, 2015
Toilet Forum discussions HELP!! I can't flush my Sloan Flushmate (Gerber) toilet!!! Jun 20, 2014
Toilet Forum discussions Gerber help Jan 9, 2007
Toilet Forum discussions Sand in toilet tank. HELP Nov 14, 2017
Toilet Forum discussions Have SCI And Need Help Choosing A Toilet Nov 1, 2017

Share This Page