Floor Mount Rear Outlet Final Decision

Users who are viewing this thread

Tightwoods

Reaction score
I am replacing an older Gerber Ultra 21-310 backflush toilet. It works great but have had enough of the Sloan Flushmate "shotgun" going off with every flush. Toto would be my top choice but they told me they don't offer a floor mount/rear outlet.

After thoroughly searching this forum and elsewhere, the only options I've found are the A/S Yorkville Vormax 209AA137.020 (1.28 gpf) and Gerber Maxwell GMX21022 (1.6 gpf). Cost and water efficiency are not an issue. I'm leery about the Niagara with only .95 gpf.

My Thoughts:

Yorkville - I'm not sold on the mechanical complexity of the dual flush valves and potential for more leakdown, etc. It has a high MaP rating of 1,000. Overall quality is probably good.

Maxwell - I like the mechanical simplicity of the single flush valve and 1.6 gpf. It seems to me that more water is better for flowing down the line. Haven't found MaP rating. Probably won't flush as good as the old Ultra but if it does the job then that's OK. Terry recommends it and that's worth a lot.

Any comments or advice? Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I was talking to one of my suppliers and he quit carrying the Vormax at his place. I have installed the Maxwell wall hung, and the floor mount rear outlet is basically the same thing. The wall hung version, I installed twenty at a ski resort and my friend who was hanging onto his 60's toilet was wondering why he didn't put the Maxwell in sooner. He loved it.

Tightwoods

Reaction score
I was talking to one of my suppliers and he quit carrying the Vormax at his place. I have installed the Maxwell wall hung, and the floor mount rear outlet is basically the same thing. The wall hung version, I installed twenty at a ski resort and my friend who was hanging onto his 60's toilet was wondering why he didn't put the Maxwell in sooner. He loved it.

Tightwoods

Reaction score
Installation Update - Maxwell 1.6 gpf backflush works great! It passes the Turd Test every time. Very quiet, more so than our 20 year old 1.6 gpf Crane and Am Std - no gurgling sound. I'm super happy and highly recommend one if you need a quiet backflush that works.

IMG_3848.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks