Hard to set good Temperature shower

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by plumber69, Apr 3, 2020.

1. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

This is the old one, I replaced it with a new one, (waltec) Issue with both is its really hard to set a good temperature out of the shower. I turn the hot on, and barely turn the cold on (1/16 of a turn) to get a good temp. Thing is the slightest adjustment to the cold will change the temp quite a bit. What could be the issue

Attached Files:

2. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Shower head is a water pik hand held wand

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. fitter30

fitter30 Active Member

Retired service tech
    solutions@qwaltec.com
    Open cold time a 5 gallon bucket then hot see what the difference is, close to same pull showerhead and do the same
    then contact them

5. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Its only when the shower is used. Ive heard it might be the restrictor in the shower head

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    There's only one pipe to the shower riser...the head doesn't know hot from cold as it's mixed in the pipe before it.

What is the volume out of the shower if you just go cold versus hot alone?

7. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

I tried adjusting the volume via shut off valves. I'm going try taking water restrictor out.

8. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    Just unscrew the shower head. Try all cold, check the volume. Try all hot, check the volume. Then, try it with both full on. Note the differences, and get back.