Grohe, How to tighten single hole pull down faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

kschane

Reaction score
I've scoured the Web and there is lots of information on this subject, but none of them seem to be the same setup as mine. Most seem to use a "U" bracket with a separate small nut, but on mine, the nut and bracket seems to be all one piece. Of course I have no idea what brand it is as it was in the house when I moved in and all the markings are gone. Help please!

Attachments

• 2017-10-29 14.31.43.jpg
    2017-10-29 14.31.43.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 2,331

kschane

Reaction score
I suspect it is a Grohe, or similar, and tightens from the top after you pull the spout off and use the special wrench.
Thanks for the quick response. That would make sense.... any tips on pulling the spout just to have a look? Would it require any special tools or replacement seals or anything?

Highlander

Reaction score
If you post a picture of the "above the counter" part of the faucet, I bet someone here will recognize the brand if not the model.

kschane

Reaction score
If you post a picture of the "above the counter" part of the faucet, I bet someone here will recognize the brand if not the model.
I don't know why I didn't think to post an above shot. . . VERY short sighted of me. And now I'm at work and can't get one. However, this is basically what it looks like, so I think hj was correct that it's a Grohe:

41OwKzVfqWL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

usually it just pulls out, but if that is the type of faucet you have, you would have to remove the hose to tighten the faucet.
I did try just pulling up on it and that worked! But of course I don't have the "special install tool" since I'm not the original purchaser. BUT, it does have 2 "flats" on the sides of the main part of the faucet, so I THINK I'll be able to simply tighten it as shown here:

Let me know if this is a bad idea for some reason. . . . but seems easy enough!

That's not the EXACT faucet i have, but it looks identical except for the shape of the neck and the type of head. . .

Thanks everybody for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks