Gerber Maxwell Wall Hung Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Gojira

Reaction score
Hi Terry,

When you install a Gerber Maxwell wall hung toilet what specific type of seal do you use for the wall drain? Thanks!

Mark

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hi Terry,

When you install a Gerber Maxwell wall hung toilet what specific type of seal do you use for the wall drain? Thanks!

Mark

That would be a Neopreme seal.

maxwell_wh_03.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce Dahl

Reaction score
Terry, I updated my 66 American Standard to the Gerber 20-021. I tried a neoprene seal, but it didn't seem to fit the plumbing. I tried 2 wall hung wax seals, but both failed after a short time. The waste pipe has more of a bowl shape to it where the toilet outlet is square. Do I need to update the hanger and or plumbing? If so, with what? If not, do you recommend a particular seal?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
chalet-532.jpg

The pipe coming from the wall should be round and protruding past the wall 5/8"
I should have taken pictures of the one I installed yesterday in Seattle.

Bruce Dahl

Reaction score
It pipe sticks out about 5/8". The neoprene seal fits the toilet fine, but i find it odd that it's pushing against the flange. Will the neoprene will give that much?

IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
5/8" works all the time.
I hang the bowl from the top two bolts first, then push down on the bowl and thread nuts to the lower bolts.
The Neopreme will compress. You can tighten three nuts fairly good and the forth basicly hand tight or you may break the bowl.

Bruce Dahl

Reaction score
Great tip on the 4th nut. Every time I hang the toilet I'm afraid i'll break it.

I didn't have confidence the neopreme would crush enough, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the help!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A tripod will always be able to be stable...but, trying to get 4 points all in line is much more problematic, which is the reason why you don't want to try to tighten all four bolts - the porcelain does not bend, it breaks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks