Gerber Avalanche Elite??

Users who are viewing this thread

Plain Old Joe

Reaction score
Any feedback on this toilet? I can't find a lot of feedback because Gerber is not "out there" like the big 3.

Searching for:
1. Concealed trapway (semi- or "simple" rather than skirted).
2. Reliable performance.
3. Easy to find parts & repair.

elite-276.jpg

Wife doesn't like the look of the the Vespin II or other "boxy" skirted models. So...that leaves the Kohler Highline with the concealed trapway (K-76301) and the Avalanche Elite, and the TOTO Connelly ( too pricey for us). This one seems to have what we are looking for, and is reasonably priced.

Gerber looks to have made this one easy to install, simple but nice-looking, and with what appears to be a formidable flush performance. And gave it a great toilet name. They claim good carry-down performance also.

I guess I'm looking for affirmations and/or red flags from users.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest that you put gerber into the search box above. I think you will find good info.

Plain Old Joe

Reaction score
I suggest that you put gerber into the search box above. I think you will find good info.

Yes, thank you...I did find those, and most are approving of the Avalanche.

I was hoping, however, to find any comments on the Avalanche Elite (GWS20828) specifically. Gerber touts the "Elite" as a "top of the line" recent addition to their fleet. I'm wondering if this model has any upgrades/improvements over the original Avalanche line, other than the trapway concealment.

There isn't much about it anywhere...and I think most of the current info here is on older models of the Avalanche.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
During the greater NYC change out we installed thousands of Gerber Avalanche. and Crane top mount toilets with Sloan Royal flushometers

Not a single call back

We also replaced a lot of the "Bold look" toilets as people did not like to either double flush or have a plunger next to the toilet

Personally I rather settle for a working fixture then a bold look

We did several schools and nursing homes and several hundred post offices using Gerber Avalanche and there were no problems

Plain Old Joe

Reaction score
During the greater NYC change out we installed thousands of Gerber Avalanche. and Crane top mount toilets with Sloan Royal flushometers

Not a single call back

We also replaced a lot of the "Bold look" toilets as people did not like to either double flush or have a plunger next to the toilet

Personally I rather settle for a working fixture then a bold look

We did several schools and nursing homes and several hundred post offices using Gerber Avalanche and there were no problems

Thank you very much, Sylvan. "Not a single call back" is about all one needs to know...

Question: Do you know if the Avalanche Elite has the same flush mechanism & performance as the older Avalanche models? It sure looks fantastic in the Gerber videos. I just want to make sure that it is not "new but NOT improved," as sometimes is the case when engineers mess with things.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
If something is NOT BROKE I will not try to fix it

The Avalanche is cheap and it works perfectly and parts readily available so why fiddle with perfection :p

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks