Bemis Cotton White seat for Toto Vespin II

Users who are viewing this thread

rusugiru

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Toto Vespin II in Cotton White and need to buy a seat to go with it. I find the slow opening/closing seats annoying, but it looks like that's the only kind Toto makes. So I was thinking of going with a Bemis 1500EC 390 Cotton White seat.

Two questions:
1) Does the Bemis Cotton White match (more or less) the Toto Cotton White?
2) How easy is it to install and/or change out this kind of seat on a skirted toilet like the Toto Vespin II?

bemis-color-match-white.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any elongated seat will fit the Vespin II. The Bemis Cotton White is not the TOTO Cotton White. It has more yellow in it. Not that very many people notice though.
Why don't you like slow closing seats? Do you like to slam them down? :)

Wait...........now I see the color chart. I guess we will find out. My supplier doesn't carry the 390 color yet.

The 000 is more yellow. Fer Sure.

Last edited:

rusugiru

Reaction score
Any elongated seat will fit the Vespin II. The Bemis Cotton White is not the TOTO Cotton White. It has more yellow in it. Not that very many people notice though.
Why don't you like slow closing seats? Do you like to slam them down? :)

Bemis has both a White (000) and a Cotton White (390) in this seat, so I was wondering if they had created the Cotton White specifically to match the color of Toto's Cotton White toilets.

As the only female in an otherwise all-male household, and a busy person, I don't like having to wait even a couple of seconds each time I want to lower the seat, which is inevitably raised. It's like the automated seat-distance adjuster in my car - takes me 30 seconds to get my seat close enough to the steering wheel for me to drive after my husband has been using the car. Give me the old-fashioned manual-adjust bar any day - it's done in a second! And no, nobody slams toilet seats in my house, we just raise and lower them quickly but carefully.

rusugiru

Reaction score
Even if the Bemis Cotton White isn't an exact match with the Toto, is it closer than their regular White?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It takes as little time to carefully close a soft close as it does a non soft close. And I'm guessing the guys would be a lot more likely to drop the seat down with a soft close then with the one that you have to "carefully" lower.
For me, it's a time saver to just give it a touch as I leave...............and down it goes.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Even if the Bemis Cotton White isn't an exact match with the Toto, is it closer than their regular White?

Yes, it's whiter, but it's not the exact color -- assuming that one is looking at it in a brightly-lit showroom or something. In our bathrooms, which have incandescent lighting -- and not 10,000 watts of it -- it's not something that any normal person would notice.

Reach4

Reaction score
I like the BEMIS "Lift-Off" feature. It allows easy cleaning, and if you want to swap for a new "Lift-Off" seat in the future.

You could even switch back and forth between a slow-close seat, when you have visitors who might be used to slow close, and a non-slow seat. I know that sounds weird. I was staying in a motel, and absent-mindedly flicked the seat down. BAM. Oops. I was used to the slow seat.

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Reach is right: the Lift Off rocks! And the attachment method for the Lift Off really locks the seat in place; no more sliding side to side despite tightening the bolts a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks