Floor mounting ring

Users who are viewing this thread

balld

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the correct terminology, but my new house with roughed in basement bath has this ring installed rotated 90 degrees from the correct orientation. The current setup would have the flange bolts attaching at the front and back instead of the sides. How can this be corrected properly?

Don

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What is your flange made of? Some have a metal ring which swivels for proper orientation.

balld

Reaction score
Commode Flange

The flange is made of plastic and is embedded in concrete. It won't swivel. I did discover that it has two indentions in the correct orientation that may work in a pinch as the flange bolt will slide into them. Photo is attached.

Attachments

• Drain lo res cropped.jpg
    Drain lo res cropped.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 292

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I see no reason why you can make it work, the tee bolts have a wide enough head to hold in the slot. However, since it is a new house, why not make the "plumber" who set the flange come back and make it right? You paid him for a professional job, demand that it be a professional job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks