Eco Drake Bowl Rinse in Rear

Users who are viewing this thread

moflow

Reaction score
My Eco Drake (classic) has moderately good bowl rinse in the front of the toilet. But toward the back of the toilet (i.e. closest to tank), there is little bowl rinse, since day one. The toilet is installed reasonably level, but little water come out from perhaps 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock. Due to the water saving design, the water only comes out in force for a second before the flapper closes, so the bowl rinse performance is important.

Is this normal? Are the rinse ports designed to be smaller in the rear of the bowl, perhaps to encourage water to travel all the way to the front?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I replaced 100 toilets in a tower a few years ago.. some of the toilets splashed out of the bowl while flushing and some had weird jet patterns.. Eventually, the manufacture agreed to replace the 10 worst of the toilets and even sent an engineer who I hired as an apprentice for the day. He ended up using a round file and shaved off some bits of the porcelain that were impinging the water flow at the flush jet and the rim jets... you might be able to increase the hole size to get more flow from them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks