Drake II round front discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

wrx914

Reaction score
Working with a contractor on a bathroom remodel. We are having a heck of a time sourcing the Drake II toilet - the round bowl model CST453CEFG. Four toilets arrived cracked, and now the supply house is telling us that they cannot source Toto Drake II CST453CEFG because the toilet is "no longer in production". I learned about the Drake II on this forum and was eager to spec one for this remodel. We're stuck with the round bowl due to the small room size. Anyone else run into this availability problem with the Drake II?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check to see what Terry may have in stock...he's local to you.

cst453-terrylove-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wrx914

Reaction score
Talked to Toto. CST453CEFG is not currently in production due to COVID. As a result this and some other models are in short supply right now. This model has not been discontinued. Just not available right now. They didn't know when the situation would improve but it could be a while.

Thank you to everyone on this forum, I just made an account but I've been reading the forums for some time now. What a terrific resource. Thank you for helping educate this homeowner about toilets and plumbing. I've learned a lot.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
kind of an off subject I installed an eco drake in my home last week replacing another TOTO a 1.6 gal from 20o2. based on the raves of other plumbers. I'm on the fence as to whether it performs as well as the original I'm thinking its not as good. its 1.28 gal I guess saving 28 oz of water comes at a cost

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've been using my dual flush drake and have Only used the 1gal flush for over a year.. zero double flushes.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
TO some, the bigger issue on the newer low-volume toilets is clearing skid marks. Some people, based on diet and other factors, make really sticky stools, some are not...depending on what you have, and how you actually sit on the seat can make a huge difference in how people perceive the toilet works. Since you don't want to just dilute what's there, the flush needs to totally evacuate, which means the total volume in the bowl can either be shallow and wider, or deeper and narrower. That can expose stuff you'd rather have underwater!

Anyway, where I live a 1.6g is still reasonable, and they've been working fine for me. If I lived out west, given the state of their water situation, I'd probably put up with less performance to help ensure I had water when I turned it on!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks