drake 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Payne

Reaction score
Does "drake 11" toilet tank fully empty on every flush or is some water left in the tank? Does anyone find the "drake 11 " sweats a lot? I have a house on the water and toilet is in a corner. I am only interested in "drake 11"

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Drake only uses 1.28 gallons on the flush; barely any of the water coming from the tank.
The bowl refill bypasses the tank and goes directly into the overflow tube to fill the bowl. So maybe 1.1 gallons leaves the tank, leaving most of the water in the tank.

Payne

Reaction score
Thanks Terry,
So just to put in perspective, what is approximately the total capacity of the tank?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Easiest thing - get out your measuring cup! Turn the water supply off, hold the handle to empty the tank, then see how much it takes to fill it up to the fill line. As noted, it is normal to not empty the tank on modern toilets. With some careful measurements with a tape, you could get fairly close to the volume - 1g=231cuin.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Low flow toilets use less than 1/2 the tank per flush. This is by design. The additional water provides a bit more pressure to the the flush. You can hold the handle for a couple of seconds and use the entire tank, but this is not necessary and defeats the low flow function. The remaining water is tempered by setting in the tank, so the refill water mixes with it and this makes the condensation problem virtually a non problem.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler makes two Highlines
One uses a Flushmate pressure assist. This one would have a slightly better flush and a bit more noise.
The other Highline is a gravity model, which tends to plug a bit more. I don't care for the trapway design on that one as much.

Payne

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the input Terry. We bought a $100 American standard 15 years ago, so when we started to redo our bath the selection available now overwhelmed us!We need to know our toilet works well before we redo everything else. wish us luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks