Delta Series 17 valves--does temperature lever move with the volume lever?

Users who are viewing this thread

MarkW

Reaction score
I'm a DIYer and looking to replace a tub/shower valve. The Delta 1700 looks like what I want (my bride wants separate temp and volume controls, and doesn't like the Moen "MoenTrol" push-pull way of turning on the water). I haven't been able to find a showroom display of a Delta Series 17 finished trim unit in a showroom that is actually hooked up to a valve body, and on these display units, when you move the "outer" lever (volume), the inner (temp) lever moves with it.
My question: When these Delta 17 pieces are all hooked up to a valve body and the cartridge is in place, does the temp lever stay put if the volume lever is turned on and off?

Thanks for any assistance. Also, any comments on the reliability of these valves would be welcome.

Mark

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The temperature lever moves with the handle, but it does NOT affect the temperature setting.

delta-1700-series-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks