Delta Ara 17 trim just installed - water temperature lever won’t move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Midwest Girl

Reaction score
I have had huge issues related to two bathroom renovations. I FINALLY have a finished shower - after not having a functioning shower in my home for several MONTHS. The Delta universal tub/shower valve was installed many months by a licensed plumber. My tile contractor finished my upstairs guest bathroom yesterday (grout cured and sealed - ready to go) and he installed the fixtures.

The larger lever that turns the water on and off works fine, however, the smaller lever that sets the temperature doesn’t really move. So, I can’t adjust the temperature at all. I was recently diagnose with mast cell leukemia - and, unfortunately, I can‘t take hot showers (hot temperatures trigger my mast cells = more problems). The current temperature of the water is too hot - so, I can’t use the shower.

I really don’t want to ask my neighbor to use her shower again (or have my sister come pick me up to use hers). Before I start removing things, I thought I’d try asking here first. I did try loosening the screw that I saw after popping off the temperature control lever (I saw that there was a stamp that read something like, “Do not over tighten screw” - and it seemed to be pretty tight. However, that didn’t change anything (although, I didn’t know how loose to make it, so I just did it a very small amount).

All I’ve been able to find are videos/articles/posts related to adjusting the temperature control stops when people don’t have enough hot water - which is not my issue.

Thanks,

Dani

Attachments

• C57888A7-A813-4803-A989-ADEF2768185D.jpeg
    C57888A7-A813-4803-A989-ADEF2768185D.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Take the instructions in hand and reverse disassemble everything and re evaluate and reassemble. It is step by step simple.
It is best to have the plumber who does the work, complete the work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks