Converting a wall-mounted faucet to a "back splash faucet" for a farmhouse sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Bompata

Reaction score
Let me start with the basic question: can any wall-mounted faucet be converted to a "backsplash faucet" (like the ones marketed by Fisher) by attaching 90 degree elbows to the water connections on the faucet in the space behind the backsplash?

Here's my situation: We have bought a 90 year old farmhouse sink. It is cast iron and with the 12 inch backsplash, drainboard and apron it weighs well over 200 pounds. To install it, the very heavy sink has to be moved to the wall then lowered down on to 4 hefty brackets.

The backsplash has holes 8 inches o.c. for the hot and cold water supply. If the pipes have to protrude from the walls directly through these holes I anticipate that it will be quite difficult to get the sink mounted on the wall brackets. The back of the backsplash is 2 inches away from the wall so it would be far easier to attach the water connections on the faucet to 90 degree elbows then run flexible supply lines down behind the backsplash to water supply pipes coming out of the wall beneath the sink.

Am I missing something? Will it be possible/easy for me to find adapters to do this with any wall-mounted faucet?

Thanks for your advice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is often how we connect on a resturant sink. You want to make sure that the faucet attaches solidly to the sink before you drop it in place.
The brass 90's els will work fine, and then a short nipple for the lav supplies. Make sure the lav supplies are long enough.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE solder a "high ear drop ear elbow" to a piece of copper then slide it up behind the sink. Then put close nipples into the faucet adapters and screw them through the openings. Finally, connect the ends of the copper to the pipes from the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks