Sink Waste Disposal Install

Users who are viewing this thread

Ellesse

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Need help w a waste disposal install in an RV camper. Double sink. ABS DWV pipe (I think). Have selected this Moen model due to space constraints.

Problem faced: the height of the waste discharge outlet is roughly the same height as the top of the slip joint of the p-trap.
It’s in an RV, so not sure we have to meet any code, but would like it to work, and work well - without clogging the drain pipes.

Looking for help on where (and with what fitting) we should feed the discharge from the waste disposal into the drain system. I think the pipe should be connected before, rather than after, the p-trap, but I am flummoxed. as to how, in the circumstances.

Many thanks in advance.

Pics attached The pipe that was attached to the sink that now has the waste disposal attached has been swivelled to the side (the p-trap is difficult to see in the middle photo.

In the middle pic, the green arrow marked as "Waste" is supposed to show the black ABS pipe heading into the wall. It does not refer to the white contained, which holds the potable water supply. Realized after labelling and uploading it that the way I labelled it could cause some confusion.

The photo on the right show the waste disposal discharge with the 90 degree elbow discharge pipe as yet not tied in to the drain system. The drain in the background shows there is not really sufficient space available to drop the who p-trap and arm, as the hole through which the drain exits is pretty much fixed, and not moveable.

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2138.jpeg
    IMG_2138.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 21
  • 73215775316__FC83750B-F543-4971-AA14-F021FBBB8F36.jpeg
    73215775316__FC83750B-F543-4971-AA14-F021FBBB8F36.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
Your discharge tube from the disposal is plenty high, if I interpret the photos correctly. I expect 1/2 inch elevation difference is more than enough. I don't know where you would draw the line, but I think you are not near the line.
I would restrict use of the disposal to when you are at a campsite with a sewer hookup, and even then put stuff into the trash/garbage where practical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks