Closet flange 11" OC

Users who are viewing this thread

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
Due to a misunderstanding during renovations, the plumbers didn't account for strapping behind the drywall so we have a flange 11 oc.
The hole is actually 4" diameter so do you think this might work with a toilet that is 11-1/4 or 11-1/2 oc?

20201216_160256.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 744 series TOTO works at 10-7/8" from the wall.
Many toilets will work at 11.5" from the wall. I normally figure I can fudge the bowl out an additional 3/8" of an inch on a standard 4x3 closet flange.

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
It's just proud of the tile.
I think they measured for 3/4 wood flooring and then we changed our mind later so it's mis measured.
I guess I was thinking since the toilet exit is 2-3/4 or something smaller then the 4" of the flange then Janene I got some room to fudge it?

Reach4

Reaction score
It's just proud of the tile.
I think they measured for 3/4 wood flooring and then we changed our mind later so it's mis measured.
I guess I was thinking since the toilet exit is 2-3/4 or something smaller then the 4" of the flange then Janene I got some room to fudge it?
Your flange seems to be rotated a bit too much counterclockwise to get the much ability to adjust the toilet away from the wall very much.

Qwertyjjj

Reaction score
Since the opening is 2-1/8 on the toilet can't I move it up to 1-7/8" outward because the flange is 4"?

Edit: oh I guess the bolts limit the movement?

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since the opening is 2-1/8 on the toilet can't I move it up to 1-7/8" outward because the flange is 4"?

Edit: oh I guess the bolts limit the movement?
no you cant move bolts 1 7/8 inch theoreticaly half that amount . maybe a half inch you can move the bolts. most likely your w/c will fit tight

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks