Building Basement Bathroom. Need Drain Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

eabouk

Reaction score
I am planning on closing in this area around the toilet and creating a full bathroom. I am very handy and have had experience with plumbing before but not when having to deal with the basement floor. I was wondering if I am able to install drain plumbing above the floor in the layout I've shown with the sink vanity, the shower and the current toilet. The drain coming down in the corner is from the kitchen sink on the first floor. If not possible to do above floor level then how would I go about doing this under the concrete. Thank you all for the help.

IMG_0423.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
How is the toilet plumbed? Normally you have a 2" vent for that, and the kitchen is a waste line, not a vent for the toilet.
The lav and shower will need to be vented too. The three vents could combine above 42" into one.
The lav and shower will need to be vented before they enter the line for the toilet.

index.php

eabouk

Reaction score
I don't believe the toilet is vented. I should be able to vent the other two pretty easily. Looking at the diagram it looks as though I wouldn't be able to do all this above the cement like I wanted to. I would have to break into the cement correct?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I cut the concrete. A wet say is quieter, no dust, wet vac cleanup, and nice straight lines to pour to. I hire it out. They bring the machine and hand you the Vac to suck the water up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks