Users who are viewing this thread

heffners

Reaction score
Hello I bought a house with a water well its a deep water well with a submersible pump all was good for 10 years but the other day went to take a shower and had no water. I went to basement tripped the pressure cut off switch water would come on for about 30 seconds to a minute.
I thought it was the pressure cut off switch so I changed it with a automatic switch 40/ 60 psi. ( thats what was on it)
Same problem so I thought pump went out I had two used ones in garage tried both of them with same problem water only working for 30 seconds or so.
I thought might be wiring so I replaced all wire from where it came out of ground all the way to pump but same problem water runs only for short time.
Checked bladder tank had 20psi so I pumped up to 38psi but still same problem.
I bought a new 1hp pump as that's what was on it previous installed but same problem.
The pump; is down about 70 foot and I know its got plenty of water to it as its been very wet here in ohio and have never run out of water previous.
I can shake bladder tank feel no water in it.
Also the auto pressure switch that is new never kicks itself back on like the previous one would I have to go manually do it everytime.

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
Hello I bought a house with a water well its a deep water well with a submersible pump all was good for 10 years but the other day went to take a shower and had no water. I went to basement tripped the pressure cut off switch water would come on for about 30 seconds to a minute.
I thought it was the pressure cut off switch so I changed it with a automatic switch 40/ 60 psi. ( thats what was on it)
Same problem so I thought pump went out I had two used ones in garage tried both of them with same problem water only working for 30 seconds or so.
I thought might be wiring so I replaced all wire from where it came out of ground all the way to pump but same problem water runs only for short time.
I bought a new 1hp pump as that's what was on it previous installed but same problem.
The pump; is down about 70 foot and I know its got plenty of water to it as its been very wet here in ohio and have never run out of water previous.
Also the auto pressure switch that is new never kicks itself back on like the previous one would I have to go manually do it everytime.

[/QUOT
I am in no way qualified answer or troubleshoot your situation however I will say this you have luck like I do seems as if you're chasing a problem like I was. I had so many different things wrong. I even had mud or iron buildup that plugs into copper tube that went to my pressure switch that will keep your pump from kicking on or off. Have you rechecked your bladder tank. Mine once I set it to 38 lb. I'd lose approximately 10 lb a day so I did have to replace it

heffners

Reaction score
It was my fault as the pressure switch was different from my old one and every time I kicked it on by holding the points closed I would then kick switch all the way up it was actually turning it to off so up is off and down is auto. It works fine now.
I feel stupid but this may help someone else from doing what I did and buying everything new.

Reach4

Reaction score
1. What is the water pressure while the pump is running?
2. What is the water pressure when the pump stops after running?
3. What is the water pressure after 10 minutes if you are not using water in the house?
4. If the answer to #3 is over 45, what does the air pressure read?

5. How far down is the water?

A 1 hp pump for a pump 70 ft down with water 30 ft down is too much for most houses.

Randy's suggestion that you could have a clogged nipple on the way to the pressure switch is a good one.

Also, maybe post a photo that includes the pressure switch, pressure gauge, the inlet area to the pressure tank, and the nearby pipe coming in from the well

heffners

Reaction score
Well I am good with the water now as it was my error on which way the switch should be flipped so when I thought I was putting on auto I was actually turning it off.
But now I have no cold water to my bath tub in master bedroom so got to figure that out now.

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
It was my fault as the pressure switch was different from my old one and every time I kicked it on by holding the points closed I would then kick switch all the way up it was actually turning it to off so up is off and down is auto. It works fine now.
I feel stupid but this may help someone else from doing what I did and buying everything new.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Just wanted to say the pump cycling on and off is what caused all those problems to start with. You might want to figure out what a pressure tank does and how to solve the cycling problem. This video should help.

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
Just wanted to say the pump cycling on and off is what caused all those problems to start with. You might want to figure out what a pressure tank does and how to solve the cycling problem. This video should help.

Yes sir I agree. This past month or two I've had a crash course and water well Parts Replacements and what they do, including some troubleshooting I know now more than I ever have wanted to. I'm going to order one of these Cycle Stop valves especially when you take into consideration I have double horsepower that I need thanks again for all your help video helped a lot with understanding the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks