:::Best Toilet Water Spot/Bowl Wash?

Users who are viewing this thread

NDL

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

In reading up on current toilets, I noted the excellent flushing performance of several models. Something that is seldom discussed, however, are toilets with a large water spot in the bowl, and the ability of the toilet to wash debris off of their sides, after each flush.

Which entry level/near entry level toilets/brands feature a large water spot in the toilet, and have the ability to wash the sides of the bowl with each flush?

TIA

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All new toilets use less water than the bowls from the 70's. That being said, talking about bowl water spot is kind of a moot point. Most bowls have about the same water spot except for some that are dual flush.
Generally I prefer the TOTO II series with the good bowl finish and and Tornado flush which swirls.
Others that have a good bowl rinse are the Cadet series from American Standard and the Kohler bowls. With any brand, you will need the occasional plastic bristle brush and bowl cleaner. I use the liquids and sometimes Dawn detergent.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As the amount of water to flush gets smaller, the water spot either becomes shallower to remain wide, or it gets deeper and quite small. The goal should always be to fully evacuate the bowl with each flush, and when the amount of water gets limited, you just can't have your cake and eat it too.

The exceptionally smooth glazes offered by some manufacturers and on some models does help, as does the method the bowl is washed. Toto does a good job with their II series as Terry mentioned. Skid marks tend to be an artifact of diet. Adding roughage can eliminate most of that as can decreasing your fat intake.

NDL

Reaction score
Thank you both, for your replies. The short time that I have been on this forum, has taught me a lot.

Thanks!

TeXan

Reaction score
I think this is exceedingly good question. I think as we get taller toilets IE share height ADA Compliant Etc the area exposed that is not covered with water is larger. The wash down of the toilets ability to clean this area is decreased as there's more area that can be spoiled. I have not been impressed with the new method of the cleansing the bowl with the Tot o company. I wish there was a place that we could list the size of the water spot of each of the toilets. If anybody knows let me know. The water Spot Will reduce experience soiling and dissolve the material that is covered by water.