Basement Plumbing Additions--Kitchenette and Laundry Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafter

Reaction score
Can I use AAV to vent both a kitchen sink and a laundry room? There are two vent stacks that penetrate the roof on my house. There is not a vent stack that comes down into the basement all are drain lines and soil stacks. Running a new vent stack is impractical as it would involve running up through multiple levels. My plan is to run two AAVs, one for the laundry room and one for the kitchen. The laundry will be run into the wall in an approved AAV box and the kitchen will be run under the cabinet under the sink after the trap.

Another question is can the washing machine stack and floor drain share a 2 inch drain line and vent? Is my installation legal?

Attachments

• 20180721_103725.jpg
    20180721_103725.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 340
  • 20180721_103809.jpg
    20180721_103809.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 384
  • 20180721_103829.jpg
    20180721_103829.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 335

Rafter

Reaction score
Sorry, the vent stack in the pictures are not glued in they are just dry fit with short pipe I had. The one for the washing machine will be above the level of the washing machine drain stack.

Rafter

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. Do I need to separate them and run another tie in to the main line for the or can I just run another vent from the horizontal after the floor drain trap?

Is that due to the volume of water from the washer? Theoretically, would it be okay if the situation was reversed and the floor drain was wet venting the washer? Could I tie a slop sink into the same washer vent line with a sanitary tee above the washer tee? Just curious.

Rafter

Reaction score
So, as soon as I go horizontal is that a branch drain? I need to tie into a 3 inch line from then on. Then to a 3 in wye to the 3 inch main? Am I interpreting that correctly? If I run a 3 inch branch line can I then tie the floor drain into it? Will it still need its own vent?

From IPC
upload_2018-7-21_15-57-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-21_15-56-58.png
    upload_2018-7-21_15-56-58.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 340

Ancenum

Reaction score
rafter, was having pretty much same/ similar questions and unfortunately i see nobody answered them. have you found the answers? please update or anyone chime in. thanks! The Best Red Wine Sangria

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
rafter, was having pretty much same/ similar questions and unfortunately i see nobody answered them. have you found the answers? please update or anyone chime in. thanks!
Maybe you could recap the question that you have.

Rafter

Reaction score
If I am interpreting the code correctly looks like I'm okay to vent the washer and the kitchen sink with AAVs.

As for the drain lines I'm getting some conflicting interpretations. Some (not on this forum) have told me to leave it and wait for the inspector to check it then make the corrections. I'd rather not look like a dumb a** at inspection time (probably within the next week).

At what point does the drain become a branch drain and need to be increased to 3 inch if the main is so close?

If I cap the floor drain arm at the wye is it ok to run the 2 inch to the main?

If I increase the first horizontal drain after the trap to 3 inch can I keep the floor drain there or would it still need it's own venting?

Can I run a slop sink opposite the washing machine vent pipe?

43109-31f61e952f8575ae79680048002c82d6.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks