Basement Bathroom Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Supperfly17

Reaction score
Well this is what i did. The only difference from original is I added the long 45 degree angle as you can see. Does this cause an S-Trap? My pitch is perfect and I can even go even more aggressive with the pitch if needed, but i got a 1/4 inch per foot now.

file.php

Supperfly17

Reaction score
I had a plumber come over this morning to give me advice and he said "In theory there is too many elbows before the vent, but in reality it will work perfectly fine. Go ahead there"

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Could you run a vent line up in the wall. That vent does not individually need to go al the way to the roof, it can intercept an existing one as long as it is at least 42" above the flood line of the other things on that vent.

Basically, you need the vent to come off of a line before it turns down into the main line, and, at least in most of the USA (don't know about Canadian codes), on a 2" pipe, that vent connection should be made within 5' of the p-trap.

The way you have it now, there is no way you could run a snake through that line, and it exceeds the maximum distance to the vent to pass codes in the USA in most code definitions.

Supperfly17

Reaction score
I just used one of these things and took me a bit of twisting but was able to get into the main 4" toilet pipe. Do I still need a cleanout or should i just go and cement it all in?
0dsnake.jpg

Supperfly17

Reaction score
This is the way I have it setup now. How would you change it HJ? The distance between the vanity drain and shower trap is 65 inches
lTThWEH.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; as long as it is at least 42" above the flood line of the other things on that vent.

The code reads, "As long as it is 42" above the FLOOR, or 6" above the FLOOD LINE, whichever is HIGHER".

HOW can you run ABOVE the 3" line and still have the trap NOT drop down to the vent? Are you going THROUGH the 3" pipe?

Supperfly17

Reaction score
I am having a hard time understanding the concept there. I am going above the 3" pipe.
How would you do it differently? Thanks again.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Could you come off the main line to the new shower location and run a new vent line from trap arm to tie in with the existing vanity vent?
If looks like there is a wall just above the shower drain location. Can you run a new vent line through that wall, and once you get above 42" turn it to the left and connect in with the vanity vent line in the other wall (or make connection in attic space if that is possible)?
dig.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You will likely need to access the line further downstream so that the vent can come up within the wall to go through the roof or otherwise tie into the existing venting system. We cannot see the pitch and depth of the pipe there, but it appears unlikely that you would be able to connect up where the old connection was.

This is.

Supperfly17

Reaction score
Could you come off the main line to the new shower location and run a new vent line from trap arm to tie in with the existing vanity vent?
If looks like there is a wall just above the shower drain location. Can you run a new vent line through that wall, and once you get above 42" turn it to the left and connect in with the vanity vent line in the other wall (or make connection in attic space if that is possible)?
View attachment 37842
So would something like this work

RLIQDjT.jpg

Supperfly17

Reaction score
Can I test the current setup by pouring down a few gallons of water down the toilet drain pipe and see if the p trap water from the shower drain is still there?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks