Americast vs. Vikrell

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Kal, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Kal

Kal New Member

Hi,

I am looking to install a new bathtub (replacing an enameled steel one) and am trying to decide between American Standard Princeton and a Sterling Performa i.e. Americast vs. Vikrell. Any insights on pros and cons would be much appreciated.

2. Stuff

Stuff Well-Known Member

Kal likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Kal likes this.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I've installed both, and either would be a good choice.
    Using mortar is okay with both. They now include that on their recommended instructions. After years of my writing about the way I set tubs, they listened.

Kal likes this.
  5. Kal

Kal New Member

The Sterling Performa is 29" wide vs. the 30" standard I had before. Would that inch of a difference matter for the roughins that are in place? I measured and the faucet, shower and drain lines are 14.25 to 14.5" from the back wall. The Sterling dimension doc has the drain and overflow at 14" from the back. I am guessing the pipes can be flexed by a quarter or half inch to the new center. Any negative experiences doing so in your installs?