Questions/help with water softener recommendations Clack CS vs Matrix

Users who are viewing this thread

redriverguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I will greatly any appreciate advice on water softener installation. We are a family of four with 3.5 bath house in Houston suburb on municipal water with a hardness of 8-9 gpg (on multiple tests). I've received following quotes for water softener system (1.5 cubic feet including RO system) and installation.

Costco Eco flow ~ $5500
Leaf Home Water solutions ~$4700
Local company (United water softener) - with Clack CS WS1 ~$2400 with 1 year labor warranty
and with Clack Matrix WS1 with 5 year labor warranty for ~$5000
Buying system online with installation (by a local plumber/handyman) ~$2000

What is the difference between the clack valves CS WS-1 vs Matrix WS-1? I was told that the matrix is an advanced version!
Am leaning towards the Clack CS WS1 system and looking for any advice, suggestions and any other recommendations. Any issues I need to be aware of?

Thank you in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
It is important to get 10% crosslinked resin to survive city water longer.

redriverguy

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions.
I specifically asked the local company about resin. In their high end system they are offering 10% resin vs 8% in the other one. Interestingly they are also offering life time resin warranty and specifically noted that they will replace it if any issues on either system! The guy from the company who came and tested our water seemed very nice. Overall, the $2400 system seems decent for my purpose considering they will also install it. However, wanted to get input from more knowledgeable people to see if I should consider something else?

I got couple of DMs here and will reach out to them soon. Would like to decide this week and get it done soon!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks