American Standard Cadet Pro versus Champion Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Schurtjl

Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase 4 toilets for our new house build. I've narrowed my choice down to either the American Standard Champion Pro or the Cadet Pro from a plumbing supply store. Comfort height, elongated bowl. I saw in another thread that Terry recommended the Cadet Pro over the Champion, and I'm trying to figure out why. The Champion Pro has a 2-3/8" trapway vs. 2-1/8" in the Cadet Pro. Champion Pro has a 10 year warranty vs. 5 year for Cadet Pro. 3" flapper valve in the Cadet Pro vs. 4" accelerator flush valve. Being in Oregon, we're limited to 1.28 gal flush. I figure I can change out the flush valve to the 1.6 gal part if needed in the Champion.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Champion because the have the "flapper" so high, it limits you to 1.28 gallons.
The Cadet with 3" flapper lets you drain the entire tank if you want to.
Unless you have a medical condition with extremely large stools, the 2" trapways are fine.
And..........I don't like how heavy and clunky the Champions are.
I sometimes pull them from people's homes when I'm upgrading them to a TOTO toilet. They read other reviews, the guys in the white coats that don't actually use the products in the homes, and when the find out that the TOTO's they've been buying for their homes are better, we switch them back to TOTO.
One home I pulled three one-piece Champions and replaced with TOTO Ultramax II's

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
A year ago I replaced an old Toto Drake in my office bathroom with a Am Std Cadet Flowise 1.28. ADA height and the high quality special finish.
It flushes like a champ (puns aside) and have never had a thought of clogging. I've test overloaded it as well...flawless.
It has standard 3"un-fussy flapper and Fluidmaster ballcock (essential universal parts). Just comes with a throw away seat and mounting hardware, so not a Pro set of add ons, which the Pro doesn't have anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks