Accidentally cut off corner of 3 inch ABS fitting! Is it still good to use??

Users who are viewing this thread

shim

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope I can get some valuable feedback and advice from all of you.

I am currently remodeling my washroom. I noticed that my toilet flange was broken and was causing my toilet to rock back and forth. I decided that I would replace the toilet flange while I had the ground opened up to install the shower drain.

My idea was to cut off the old flange, and use a ram bit tool to remove the old pipe from the fitting and put on a new 3 inch pipe and stainless steel rimmed flange. The problem arose while cutting off the flange, as the blade of my reciprocating saw accidentally nicked the edge corner of the fitting :'(

The ram bit worked perfectly and has given me a really nice and secure dry fit of the pipe. But I am wondering if having the fitting knicked will cause me problems. Can you guys please take a look at these pictures and let me know if I'm okay to still use this fitting? The pipe seats all the way in, and has atleast 1 inch of contact depth. Would it be okay to just slather this in ABS glue and connect to it?

Please let me know your opinions! I am really worried that I might have ruined my piping with this mistake. I would rather not break up more concrete and cut more of the pipe if I don't have to. Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• plumbing 20240216_223809.jpg
    plumbing 20240216_223809.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 45
  • plumbing 20240216_223751.jpg
    plumbing 20240216_223751.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 38
  • plumbing 20240216_223737.jpg
    plumbing 20240216_223737.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 38
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks