2004 Moen bathroom faucet disassembly

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Winkler

Reaction score
I have a leaky faucet and I presume it is a Moen because the aerator housing says Moen on it. The house was built in 2004 so I presume it is from that year.

I cannot figure out how to disassemble it to save my life. There is no screw underneath the top cover, there is no screw on the side and it is two pieces so the whole thing does not unscrew together. See pics.

Any help is appreciated.
IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0687.jpg

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a leaky faucet and I presume it is a Moen because the aerator housing says Moen on it. The house was built in 2004 so I presume it is from that year.

I cannot figure out how to disassemble it to save my life. There is no screw underneath the top cover, there is no screw on the side and it is two pieces so the whole thing does not unscrew together. See pics.

Any help is appreciated.
View attachment 54304
View attachment 54306
Did you try threading the horizontal handle to gain access to a set screw

Chris Winkler

Reaction score
Did you try threading the horizontal handle to gain access to a set screw
Not exactly sure what you mean, but the horizontal handles do come off by unscrewing them. When I take one off and look into the opening, I can see vertical threads at the top of a screw, but there is no obvious way to access those threads and there is no set screw.

Any other ideas?

Chris Winkler

Reaction score
It was in fact one piece. I wrapped a rubber glove around it and used the channel locks to grab it and it came unscrewed. Problem solved.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks