16.5" rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

aredman71

Reaction score
Hi,

I am renovating an old bathroom - the toilet is 16.5" rough in and also very close to the bathtub. So ideally I'm looking to get a toilet as close to the wall as possible while also having a toilet with the smallest depth available.

Previously I had a Rundle Universal toilet that appeared to be 13" rough
In and 30.5" deep. This left very little leg room in front of the tub (but I guess people were shorter in 1929).

Ideally I'd just move the drain to 12" rough but that will be $500. So I'm looking for a solution that will have similar effect but lower cost.

I've read all the threads on the Toto unifit and also called Kohler about their 14" adapter for the tresham. Those toilets are all pretty pricey though. Plus I worry about using those with an offset flange.

So right now I'm seeing two options.

1) Kohler Wellworth round, 14" rough, 29.625" depth, offset flange to save 1.5" - this option would give me about 4" more leg room than current situation

2) Toto Entrada round, 12" rough, 26.7" depth, offset flange to save 1.5" - this option would give me about 5" more leg room but then there would be a 2" gap behind toilet

In an ideal world I'd have an elongated toilet with 16" rough that costs me less than $300.

Advice???

Reach4

Reaction score
In an ideal world I'd have an elongated toilet with 16" rough that costs me less than $300.
I don't see that happening.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....rance-with-14-unifit-and-offset-flange.66596/ shows how I matched a rough a little over 13 inches with a 12 inch Unifit. If you did the same, you could mount a 14 inch Unifit. You would still have maybe a 1.5 or so inch gap. That does not get you where you would want to be ideally, and it does not come close to your price target. It may come closest to your combined objectives.

Put a Vespin II on that for least cost. A Soiree would be a nice single piece, and it has a wider base that might cover floor flaws better. Soiree is a tad less long.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/ms964214cefg.pdf
https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst474cefg-specs.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
When looking at leg room with a round or an elongated bowl, remember that the sitting positions doesn't change, but the bowl extends out 1.5".
That means your feet hit the floor in the same place regardless of whether it's a 26.5" round bowl or a 28" elongated bowl.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks