11" rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

tigger68

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at buying a new Kohler toilet, but I have an 11" rough in and I am unsure of what I should be getting because the options are 10" and 12". Could someone please help steer me in the right direction? Thank you.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Are you measuring from the floor molding to the center, the bolt caps should be on center.
Or from the wall above the molding. The measurement you want is from the wall, not the molding.

Reach4

Reaction score
t I have an 11" rough in and I am unsure of what I should be getting because the options are 10" and 12".
Probably 12, but how do you know that you have an 11 inch rough in? Had you said 11.1 or 10-29/32, I would tend to think you had measured. Note that the measurement should be to the wall rather than the baseboard or shoe molding.

There are ways to offset the toilet on the closet flange. If you put the closet bolts into the arc-shaped slots there may be some more wiggle room in the placement.

What Kohler are you looking at?
https://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/K-3575_spec_US-CA_Kohler_en.pdf shows a typical gap of 3/4 inch to the wall if you center the toilet over a 12.00 inch offset closet flange. So there is some margin there. Add that to moving the closet bolts a little away from the wall, and you may be there.

tigger68

Reaction score
I have tile walls and I just went and measured it again for accuracy and you were right, it is 11 3/32" from the wall to the center of the bolt. When I measured the first time I did not pop the white cover off of the bolt. Sorry.

Also, I am not exactly sure which Kohler I want, I need to get at least 1 toilet before Monday for my spare bathroom and am hoping to get one for my main bathroom as well. The one for my main, I am leaning towards the Transpose, but that is where I am running into my problem about the rough in distance. My spare bath has the regular rough in. It is just my main bath with an irregular one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks