Search results

1. H22lude

Odd pressure switch behavior

I recently had a new pressure tank and soda ash system installed. Just now I noticed my hands were really slippery when washing dishes. I went down stairs to find the pressure gauge at 50psi and the soda ash system constantly pumping. It used about 5 gallons in probably an hour or so. I...
  2. H22lude

Huge pressure drop with 1 sprinkler

I'm using a Hunter Pro-Spray (non regulated) body as an above ground sprinkler. At my spigot (3/4" pex), I get 70psi. If I connect a 6ft 5/8" hose with 1 spinkler, I'm getting 30psi. How can that be? That seems like an awful lot of pressure drop
  3. H22lude

Testing water pH with new soda ash system

Was told to move my post to the water softener forum... Just had a soda ash system installed to raise my water pH. From the ground is hangs around 5.5. When they installed the system, they put the soda ash pump setting at 60. They came back a week later and it was too high so he bumped it down...
  4. H22lude

Testing pH after soda ash installed

Just had a soda ash system installed to raise my water pH. From the ground is hangs around 5.5. When they installed the system, they put the soda ash pump setting at 60. They came back a week later and it was too high so he bumped it down to 55. I just tested the pH with a MW102 and it was...
  5. H22lude

Pressure tank cycling with sprinkler recommendations

I just had a FL22 pressure tank installed with a soda ash system pre pressure tank and two big blue filter housings post pressure tank (string and iron/manganese). From the pressure tank to the filters, the PEX is 1". From the big blue filters to the rest of the house the PEX is 3/4". And...
  6. H22lude

Pressure tank (maybe switch) failure

Last year I checked the pressure in my pressure tank (Water Pro WW32SS). It was low so I brought it up to 38psi. Everything seemed to be ok after that. I just noticed that my pressure switch was going from 40 to 60 in less than 2 seconds and then from 60 to 40 in about the same time. I...
  7. H22lude

Filter advice

I posted in the pump section and it was recommended I post in here too. Here is my current water report. I need to increase pH and I'd like to remove manganese. I posted a picture of my fridge filter showing the inlet turning a brownish color. That is the color my toilets and tubs turn after...
  8. H22lude

Revamped system recommendations

My current system just has a pressure tank (40-60 switch). My pressure tank is a Water Pro made by Amtrol. I want to replace that and add a few other things but have no clue where to start. The current tank is a 32 gallon tank. For a new pressure tank, I've read Amtrol is one of the best...
  9. H22lude

Time to replace pressure tank?

I've been in my house since August 2018. First house with a well. Wanted to test my well pump and pressure tank. We have a 40/60 pressure switch. It is an Amtrol WP32SS 32 gallon tank manufactured in 2012. I had my wife open the cold side of our basement faucet and let the water drain until the...
  10. H22lude

Film on water

Hope this is in the right sub forum. I was calibrating volumes on my brew kettle. I used tap water which is from my well. Very low TDS (about 25ppm). pH is low, about 5.5. I left a few gallons in the kettle for about a week and came back to a bubbly film on top. I ran my finger through it...
  11. H22lude

Need help with pH neutralizer and water softener

Moved into our house the beginning of August. I'm new to wells. We got our water tested and the biggest thing is low pH. I sent my water report to two local companies. One recommended just a pH neutralizer and the other recommended both a neutralizer and water softener. The one that...
  12. H22lude

Toilet tank water looks shiny

I'm on a well with no filtration system. The water seems to be pretty clean but all the water sitting in the toilet tanks have a shine to the top of it. What could cause this? Water test if this helps Color - Apparent....0 Turbidity................0.160 Odor - TON............0...
  13. H22lude

Toilet tank has red sediment and stringy things

First time posting. Hope this is the best sub for these questions. Just recently moved into a house with a well. First time well user. The house is 6 years old. PEX pipe throughout. We have no type of filtration system at all. Well to pressure tank to faucets. We had the water tested...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks