Testing water pH with new soda ash system

Users who are viewing this thread

H22lude

Reaction score
Was told to move my post to the water softener forum...

Just had a soda ash system installed to raise my water pH. From the ground is hangs around 5.5. When they installed the system, they put the soda ash pump setting at 60. They came back a week later and it was too high so he bumped it down to 55. I just tested the pH with a MW102 and it was still close to 9 so I brought it down to 45. How long do I need to wait for this new setting to fully mix into the water throughout my plumbing before I can test for a pH change? The pump is a chemtech pulsafeeder 100.

Someone mentioned that it may be better to use less soda ash instead of constantly lowering the pump setting as the accuracy of the pump at lower settings may be lower. Would it be better to use a lower pump setting or to lower the amount of soda ash used per 35 gallons of water?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks