Search results

1. KineticoUser

Should semi-rigid duct for bath exhaust fans be expanded?

Expanding the semi-rigid duct could reduce the friction by creating smoother walls, but limiting the expansion will make the duct more rigid and durable. I could expand it the full 8' and then cut it to the 4' I need or just limit the expansion to 4'. What are your suggestions? I'll also be...
  2. KineticoUser

What manual 5/16" Inner Core drain cable would you recommend?

I have a rental house that I occasionally need to snake out. The drain lines are cast iron, and I have two areas that tend to be most challenging. The kitchen sink has a San Tee in the wall, rather than a Long-Turn Tee Wye. I tend to have difficulty making the 90° turn with my 1/4" snake. I also...
  3. KineticoUser

looking for a new 1.8 gpm shower head with narrow jet for cleaning grout

I'd like a 1.8 gpm shower head that has good pressure for both shower massage and a narrow jet to clean the grout. I'd like anti-clog nozzles, and a warranty would be nice. I'm in California, so don't recommend anything that uses more water. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you...
  4. KineticoUser

Bad well pump

My secondary well isn't pumping. The PumpSaver tests out fine, but all 3 pump wires show ground, and the main windings show 3 ohm when 2.7 is maximum for a 1hp motor. Power to the pump is fine. Before I pull the pump out of the well and replace it, I thought I'd run it by you to see if there...
  5. KineticoUser

Sprinkler valve problems

I have two different valves and two different problems. My Orbit 57626 will work when I loosen the bleed screw, but won't turn on when my controller sends power to the solenoid. The solenoid works properly, both with the power on and off. The diaphragm looks like new. If power is on and I...
  6. KineticoUser

Washer replacement for 3/4" brass garden valve

I have 3/4" brass garden valves outdoors. Some started leaking, so I decided to replace the washers. I couldn't get the washer screw out without drilling it out. I'm looking for replacement screws and I don't see 8-32 X 3/8" brass machine screws with Phillips heads. I see round slotted or pan...
  7. KineticoUser

Toilet Paper and Septic Tanks

The highly rated toilet paper I used to buy is no longer made, so I'm researching replacements. I read about paper that readily dissolves, but I question whether it would be more likely to clog the effluent screen I use to keep all but water from exiting to my seepage pits. I don't have a...
  8. KineticoUser

Problem removing kitchen sink strainer assembly

My old kitchen sink strainer assembly is held on with a metal nut. I want to replace the assembly but can't get the nut to turn. The sink is stainless steel. Do you know of a way to remove it without using a torch? I've hit the ridges on the nut with a hammer and metal bar, but the whole...
  9. KineticoUser

Washing machine inlet hose replacement without special tool?

I have a Kenmore washing machine which has a vertical input for the hot and cold water. I don't believe I have a tool that will remove the hoses. This is sold online (Washing Machine Inlet Hose Pliers, AP5643469, THP-1), but does anyone know how to remove these hoses without buying a $30 tool...
  10. KineticoUser

Need help identifying water heater residue

I flush out my AO Smith propane 40 gallon water heater on a regular basis. It is fed directly from my Fleck 7000 water softener which I supply with potassium chloride. The residue from the water heater looks like the potassium chloride, but it can be crushed with ease and has a chalky powdery...
  11. KineticoUser

Leaking sink drain

I'm finding myself challenged with this leak. I installed new washers, but now the tail pipe coming down from the sink is leaking. I can loosen the nut and put plumber's putty between the sink and the washer, but I thought I'd run this by the experts first. The problem is the distance between...
  12. KineticoUser

Seeking best pressure regulator

The pressure regulator was replaced when I had my rental house repiped 10 years ago. It is a Wilkins [just like all my neighbors], and it no longer works. I opened it up and it was filled with corrosion. The water here is very alkaline. I tested several of my neighbors, and apparently theirs...
  13. KineticoUser

Voltage question regarding Richdel R711A

This control valve is rated for 24V. My original power transformer burnt out. I have two others to choose from. I used a 16VAC which measures at 17.25VAC, and everything worked fine for about a year. Now, I find it apparently doesn't open the valve enough to allow the water to reach the higher...
  14. KineticoUser

Pressure switch not turning on at 40PSI

Ever since the pipe to one of my pressure tanks broke (and I fixed it), I find that my pressure drops to 45PSI and then stays there till it immediately drops to 15PSI for 8 seconds before the pressure pump kicks in. I checked my tanks and they are charged to 38PSI drained. My cutoff for my...
  15. KineticoUser

Need help with broken fitting to pressure tank

I just came home from work to find a flood by my home's pressure tanks for my water well. The 1-1/4" male adapter broke. The challenge is the limited space available. I only have 1-1/2" of pipe between the tee and the broken adapter. Here is a picture of it...
  16. KineticoUser

Leaking condensate line

My tenants called me and said the popcorn ceiling was falling down. I checked it out and discovered what appears to be a condensate line leak. It is somewhere in the wall between the floor of the attic and the ceiling of the first floor on a 2-story house. The line is a continuous 3/4" black...
  17. KineticoUser

Way to seal tub drain to block rodents

On occasion, I discover a mouse in my house. In exploring possible access areas, I began thinking that they may be burrowing under the slab and entering through the area where my Jacuzzi tub drains under the slab. Here is a picture: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AnhFeJX0Yorir27WAKWlcF05RrxQ You can see...
  18. KineticoUser

Toilet Ring Leaking in Rental House

It seems strange, but I've only had problems with my present tenant and not previously. There are 3 bathrooms, 2 upstairs and one on the first floor. The floors are wood, and there is a crawl space under the first floor. All toilet flanges are cast iron. The upstairs bathroom with a tile floor...
  19. KineticoUser

Roots growing into septic tank

One of my showers backed up once, so I figured something is reducing the flow out of my septic tank. I removed the covers to the tank, and the level looks higher than normal. I dug up the output side of the tank and found a culprit. Here is what it looks like...
  20. KineticoUser

Fire sprinkler alarm problem since water softener install

In order to install my Fleck 7000SXT and Pentek Big Blue filter, I drained the water from my lines. Though I've flushed the water through my fire sprinkler lines, I'm sensing there must be air trapped in the lines, as occasionally, since the installation a week ago, the fire sprinkler alarm goes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks