Washer replacement for 3/4" brass garden valve

Users who are viewing this thread

KineticoUser

Reaction score
I have 3/4" brass garden valves outdoors. Some started leaking, so I decided to replace the washers. I couldn't get the washer screw out without drilling it out. I'm looking for replacement screws and I don't see 8-32 X 3/8" brass machine screws with Phillips heads. I see round slotted or pan slotted or pan Phillips in stainless steel. Since this will be screwed into a brass valve, which would you recommend? I don't replace the washers frequently, so there's a good chance it will be frozen in when I have to replace it again. I used a round slotted brass screw for now, so I can turn my water on, but if another option is preferable, please let me know.

KineticoUser

Reaction score
There isn't an issue with galvanic corrosion when used with brass faucets? What type of head do you recommend (slotted, torx, etc.)? These are not easily found (especially without ridiculous shipping costs attached). Where do you recommend getting small amounts?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Monel will not cause any corrosion. It's a copper/nickel alloy. These come with slotted pan head and a locking compound on the threads. Most of the plumbing supply houses and better hardware stores should have them. These are specifically made for your washer repair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks