Search results

1. LesP

Wet venting plan review

I think this meets UPC code requirements, but just would like to get the official Terry Love thumbs up before I start gluing up! Sorry for my distorted isometric drawing. Here is the top down view of the two back-to-back bathrooms: Key questions: - is the venting correct? - are there...
  2. LesP

Help Needed with DWV plan

I would appreciate feedback on my proposed drain and vent layout for two new bathrooms on the main floor. Is it better to have the drain right below the vent wall or angle the drain away from the wall to keep the run as straight as possible. or Also, is it okay to wet vent both toilets...
  3. LesP

Updating old drain riser

Hello again plumbing pros, I am slowly making progress on the basement bathroom and have a new puzzle for you. This is what is left of the 1.5" inch drain riser after removing the obsolete pipe from the old upstairs bathroom. In removing the old galvanized pipe, this portion got a bit mangled...
  4. LesP

PEX Manifold Design

I am planning to make a custom PEX manifold and would like to confirm that the line sizes and layout are correct. The house was built in the mid-60's and has a 3/4" supply from the city water meter. I am thinking a hybrid layout would work best with four main trunks as follows: K/L: kitchen &...
  5. LesP

Minimum toilet vent size?

Reading through the comments on this great forum, I see over and over that UPC requires a 2" vent for toilets. But combing through my code reference books, I can't find any specific reference to this requirement. The only thing I find is a table showing that a 1-1/2" vent pipe can support up to...
  6. LesP

Bathtub drain setup

Hi again, I'm still working out the fine details of my bathroom DWV plan and would like to hear your thoughts on the "best" way to plumb a soaking tub/shower combo: 1) since the waste/overflow units are 1-1/2" do you keep with the 1-1/2" pipe until joining the main drain? 2) or do you switch...
  7. LesP

Cleanout confusion

I have read the UPC cleanout requirements and am now thoroughly confused! So bottom line me...is a cleanout required for an main floor lavatory sink? If a cleanout is needed, do you position it above the san-tee or below? I have read arguments for each: above allows you to run water through...
  8. LesP

Closet Flange on Slab - ack!

Hi again, My basement bathroom has a toilet sitting in an alcove that is 28" wide and 47" deep. In this picture, the toilet has been pulled off the flange and turned a quarter turn. The drain is under the plunger... A few challenges: - the flange is set at 14" from the finished wall instead...
  9. LesP

Shower drain relocate. Which is harder?

I have a bathroom in the basement sitting on a 4"slab. The drain for the shower is currently 18" from the corner walls. This location doesn't match any of the pre-fab shower receptacles I have looking at (38" or 42" neo-angle or neo-round). So, I figure I have two options: 1) break up the...
  10. LesP

DWV Layout Help Needed

Hello and thanks in advance for checking out my "little" project! Here is the overall plan with dimensions: I am moving two bathrooms from the South to the North side of the house. They will be back-to-back with a 2"x4" wet wall (non-bearing) between them. The joists (2"x10") run...
  11. LesP

Need help picking a bathtub waste overflow (BWO)/drain

Who knew there were so many different flavors of bathtub drains! Well, now I do... I am installing a soaking tub that is 21" deep so I have ruled out the toe tap and twist 'n pull drains. I have also ruled out the lever activated drains since I don't like having all the working bits inside the...
  12. LesP

Help with PEX pipe sizing

Hoping you smart folks can help me plan my plumbing upgrade correctly. I am planning to use Uponor Wirsbo PEX and EP (plastic) fittings. I have attached a diagram of the remodeled kitchen, laundry, and hose bib that will need new supply lines. The line currently supplying the whole house is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks