Wet venting plan review

Users who are viewing this thread

LesP

Reaction score
I think this meets UPC code requirements, but just would like to get the official Terry Love thumbs up before I start gluing up!

DWV Plan004.jpg

Sorry for my distorted isometric drawing. Here is the top down view of the two back-to-back bathrooms:

DWV Plan003.jpg

Key questions:
- is the venting correct?
- are there enough cleanouts and are they in the right place?
- do I have the right connections from the trap arms to the drain? (I see tons of pix online for vertical to horizontal connections, but very few for horizontal to horizontal)

There is a basement below with only 7'2" ceilings so I am trying to conserve altitude as much as possible.

This forum has taught me so much! Thanks in advance for your help.

LesP

Reaction score
Hmmm...no responses. Does that I got it completely right or entirely wrong? :confused:

Is there an issue with horizontal wet venting?

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Hmmm...no responses. Does that I got it completely right or entirely wrong? :confused:

Is there an issue with horizontal wet venting?

Not sure where you are at. I had the inspector review my work. The permit allowed for several visits.. I even dryfit my pieces and he came out and told me where I needed a long turn 'y' type vs a standard 'y'.. I believe it was a vent. Saved me some cutting and re-glueing. The guy gave me some sheets listing what fittings were required where and it really helped.. The property I just bought has lots of wet venting that appears maxed out.. barely meeting code and I have sewer gases..

LesP

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! I concluded that my first plan was indeed wrong.

Here is my "new and improved" DWV plan.

Top down:
DWV Plan007.jpg

My best effort at an isometric:
DWV Plan006.jpg
A few questions:
- the tub is a 54 gal - 73 gal soaking tub so would it be better to put in a 2" p-trap and arm rather than the standard 1.5"?
- do I have enough clean-outs in the right locations?
- do I (finally) have the venting/wet venting right?

Thanks as always for the guidance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks