Wiring Question: Red Lion RLSP-200 2-HP Sprinkler Pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Planecrazy, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Planecrazy

Planecrazy New Member

There are 2 wires coming from the pump - 1 Black wire and 1 white wire (there is red paint on the wires from the factory). Where do these wires need to be connected?

Attached are a few pictures and a link to a video below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1ypkkdedkte4qf/IMG_3182.MOV?dl=0
    (In the video I mentioned "I turned on the pump" what I meant was "I turned on the power/flipped on the breaker")

The pump is currently not turning on when the power is turned on. Is the pump not working because the 2 wires are not connected?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  2. Planecrazy

Planecrazy New Member

Forgot to upload a few pictures. (Next time I will strip the wires properly)

Attached Files:

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

4. bgard

bgard Member

what voltage are you trying to run the pump on 120 or 240? the brown and white wires in the motor need to be located on the correct terminals for it to run properly, the white and black wires are just pigtails to connect the incoming wires to with wire nuts. it's the wires inside the motor that need to be interchanged to select the proper voltage.