Whole House Humidifier Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

sixgun95

Reaction score
I live in AZ and my wife has extremely dry eyes. I was thinking a whole house humidifier would help make her more comfortable. Do you folks agee? I would have professionally installed.
1. Any cons, such as mold potential?
2. House is 2900sq ft, any specific unit recommendations? I want a good unit, lowest maintenance possible.
3. Anyone installer recommendations in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area?

Thank you!

Stuff

Reaction score
Start by getting a humidistat to see what the actual humidity is. If needed get a room humidifier first to see if it helps her.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's a dilemma. Your hvac system will be sucking the moisture out of the air while your device is trying to add moisture. Go with Stuff on that, seems like the sensible approach. Btw, in my experience, I've never seen an older whole house humidifier still in operation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks