Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher: name of this leaking part?

Users who are viewing this thread

diwhat

Reaction score
Hello,
I will be updating this in case anyone else has the same problem.

Update 2: diverter motor seal is indeed the problem. Can be replaced from the inside of the washer. A part number that seems to fit most mass market brands is
wpw10195677

Update 1: It seems highly likely this problem is caused by a seal within the 'diverter motor' or sump. Those are good search terms for finding parts.

I have a 5 year old Whirlpool Gold Series dishwasher. The pictured part is leaking when the dishwasher runs. About 15 minutes into the cycle, it starts a nice steady slow to medium drip where the red arrow is.

For reference, in the picture the front lower panel has been removed and you are looking at the underside of the dishwasher. The part is located left of center in the middle of the dishwasher underside.

I am looking through a parts catalog to try to reorder the offending part, but it would help to know the generic name of the part. I.e, "Offshored Cost Reducer" or "Saved a Penny Per Unit Junk Valve" or whatever it's called.

Does anyone know the name of the leaking part?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20190310_155633.jpg
    20190310_155633.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks