What project management software do you use?

Discussion in 'Computers and Stuff' started by jetstream, May 2, 2011.

1. jetstream

jetstream New Member

What construction project management software/techniques do all of you use? Legal pad, spreadsheet or something more complex?

My company produces web-based construction project management software but we're also curious what all of you use. Reply with your answers!

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Can I just reply without an answer?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

Rocket Scientist
    LOL.

I use wordstar on my C64. 2 mhz processor. It is not web based. But it has Bugs, no spiders.

5. joseph100

joseph100 New Member

I've tried basecamp and google wave but I'm not sure wave is a project management software package.
    If you want to have ideas on the various project management software you can check project management alternatives here.

6. katty81

katty81 New Member

I have recently get to know about this project management software called Procore. I haven't used it yet though.

7. bcarlson78248

bcarlson78248 Member

I've used Microsoft Project in the past, but for smaller projects its like buying a Greyhound bus for your daily commute. When we used it for bigger programs we had to hire a scheduler and other folks to gather data and keep it up to date.

Most of the time what you need as a minimum is a good Gantt chart program and the ability to track and manage cost for each task. Many PM programs provide more features, but then you have to keep the data current to get the features to work right. For example, you can try to level personnel workload (plumber, framer, electrician, etc.) across jobs, but that requires detailed data on what skills are needed for each task, who has the skills, how much time of that skill is need on each job, when is it needed, and what job/task is each person already assigned to.

Bruce