Wet Vented Trap Arm Size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryanfornkohl

Reaction score
What size trap arm/drain is required for a tub/shower that has a trap arm length of 30"? The trap arm has 1.5 p-trap, runs 30" and dumps into stack. This line does not have its own vent, it is vented by the 4" stack.

Reading 908.2 of 2006 UPC states, "Each wet-vented section shall be a minimum of one waste pipe size larger of the upper fixture or shall be one pipe size larger than the required minimum pipe size for the sum of the fixture units served by such wet-vented section, whichever is larger, but in no case less than 2 inches."

Does this indicate that I need a two inch min. pipe from my p-trap to stack? No other fixture tie in.

On another note, are people able to upload pictures through their phones? Every time I try it says the file size is too large for the website. Ive tried compressing file size various ways, but still too big or Id be posting pictures of what Im talking about.

Reach4

Reaction score
Does this indicate that I need a two inch min. pipe from my p-trap to stack? No other fixture tie in.
I think that means 2 inch for the wet vent above the shower santee, not the trap arm.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The trap that goes to the tub can be 1.5"
2" for a shower pan.
The wet vent portion would be the 4" that you have.
If a lav is wet venting the tub or shower, that would be at least 2".

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks