water problems yet again...

Users who are viewing this thread

m4car223

Reaction score
Hello again everyone, its been close to a year.

So here is the run down. I dont remember exactly where my pump is set right now but i had a well drilled to 250' last July, pump was set around 150' i believe. Within a week of setting that pump i couldnt get water out of any faucets of the house because sand and mud would plug all of the aerators at the faucets and the screens in the washing machine. The well company came out and installed a sediment filter. They gave me a few 5 micros filters with plugged up within one short shower. So i sent to a 25 micron filter and was able to go a week before i had to change. THen one day the filter was getting washed over with sand and mud BAD! They decided they were going to pull the pump and place a bag over it but the pump was washed over and when they hooked the winch up to it the PVC broke at the pump. So they replaced the pump free of charge and set it at 120' (i think) and i think the static level was at 100'.

Well everything was good and getting better, i got to the point where i could go for a few weeks without haveing to change the filter (it is just me here and im only here long enough to take a shower and do 2 or 3 loads of laundry a week). Today I did one load of laundry and when i went to load the wet clothes into the dryer water was barely trickling out for the rinse cycle. I went to change the filter like i usually do and the filter was completly washed over with sand and mud again. Now i have no water flowing from the well. I can close the quarter turn valve before the filter and isolate the whole house, turn off power to the pump, drain the pressure tank through the spicket at the well head and leave it open. When i turn the pump back on i have no water flowing out and can hear gurgling at the well head.

What are your opinions?? Well dry?? (we got a lot of rain a couple weeks ago, a lot as in about 2" in an hour one day, but nothing signifcant since then) Pump failure?? Pump Washed over??? Please help get me some piece of mind and less stressing about what could be going on before the driller checkes his voice mail.

Thanks and sorry its long
Dan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks