Water leaks back into aerator tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam Grzeskowiak

Reaction score
Hi guys
I am new to the forum and I think it will be helpful in resolving my problem. I am located in Florida and have wall water system with an aerator tank, two pressure tanks: one for the aerator and the other one for pressurizing water to the house of course with two water pumps. My problem when the float is up, valve shuts water flowing to the tank (correct) and then there is a water leak back to the tank, small one though but it triggers aerator water pump to turn on and off momentarily and water overflows from the tank. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Can you adjust your float to shut off the water at a little lower level?

Adam Grzeskowiak

Reaction score
Yes, I did it , no change. Float switch triggers solenoid valve and this is still closed, but it lets water back into the aerator tank (slow drip)

Reach4

Reaction score
Can you post a photo showing the tanks etc, or make a diagram?

RyanSkitto

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and I can answer your question. You need to get a new solenoid valve for that.

Adam Grzeskowiak

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and I can answer your question. You need to get a new solenoid valve for that.
Hi
I replaced solenoid valve but this time it did not shut off water when the float was up, looks like it stuck in an open position. I heard it is a common problems with newly installed valves. Will work on it today.

Adam Grzeskowiak

Reaction score
It is finally fixed. I opened and closed manual on/off lever, tapped the valve with screwdriver, turn on the pump and it shut off automatically when filled up.
Thank you guys for your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks