Water leaking from wall and onto carpet below.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Yep, got the call about the dreaded water on the carpet, with a slightly moist wall. I checked things with my moisture meter and the wall board wasn't too bad. Really almost dry in fact. The carpet below was wet, up against an outside wall with four feet of backfilled dirt on the high side of the home. There had already been some floor drainage work done for water seeping up from the floor.

I pulled the panel from the wall and found this.
    Water on carpet, leak in wall, cracked pipe.

[​IMG]

This is for the upstairs kitchen sink and to the left a bathroom lav. It was pretty wet on the rim joist.

[​IMG]

I could feel it being damp on the backside fitting facing away from me. I decided to cut out the 45 and replace it.

[​IMG]

The new pipe and fitting in place.

[​IMG]

The pipe was cracked here. It looks pretty bad when you spread the pipe apart.

[​IMG]

And you can see the sludge from the kitchen sink on the back side that wasn't visible from my side.

[​IMG]

How it looked when finished.

2. HemmyngsKylee

HemmyngsKylee New Member

You did well

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. limkoIlak

limkoIlak New Member

Great job! It is worth checking the pipe systems in your house more often, as you never know when this may happen. However, I think sometimes it is possible to anticipate problems in advance and protect yourself. For example, one day, I left the house while my washing machine was working. When I got home, I noticed water all over the bathroom floor and in the hallway. My carpets were just in terrible condition, professionals had to clean them, so I gave them to https://elegantcarpetrepairs.com.au/carpet-repairs-melbourne/. Just check your carpets from time to time, and, most likely, you will be able to avoid these problems.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  5. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

nice job !

6. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Dollars to Donuts that was caused by our master plumber Draino