Users who are viewing this thread

Njm5785

Reaction score
We did a water test with tapscore (Results: https://gosimplelab.com/v6HZeQi8CZ/all-results). The main things I am concerned about are hardness, uranium, Gross Alpha, Gross Beta and getting the iron down under the secondary mcl level of 0.3mg/L. Should I be worried about the Total HPC? Anything else I should be concerned about?

I was wanting to fix our issues for the whole house but a whole house RO is really expensive and very wasteful. So I was thinking of going the route of....

Well > Pressure Tank > 20" Sediment Filter > Cation Exchange > Anion Exchange > 20" Carbon Filter

As far as I know that setup should remove/reduce all those things (Except Total HPC) down to below the mcl levels. Do any of you see a problem with that?

For Total HPC I could use UV or micro filtration, if it is a concern... I was leaning towards micro filtration but I am having a hard time finding an option for that. Any good options for micro filtration? If I go the micro filter option would I put that after the sediment filter or after the carbon filter?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks