Washlet Base Plate Assembly THU9492

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The other day I was installing a SW2034 Washlet by TOTO, and realized that while assembling the base plate adapter to the bowl that the little metal parts had fallen off the adapter. They come with clear tape over them, but me being me, I had removed the tape like so many times before and now they had fallen off and I didn't know how they fitted back in. I checked the TOTO site, but there were no pictures of how those went in. So I studied it and the manual and the instructions and the Internet for suggestions. Finally I had an amazing thought. Months ago I had installed two more of these in the same home. I went upstairs, pushed the clicker on the side and slid a Washlet back and looked. Okay, good to go now.

thu9492-1.jpg

THU9492

thu9492-2.jpg

thu9492-bw.jpg

This picture is not a lot of help.

sw2034-ms604.jpg

Blazergator

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently lost one of the little metal parts you mentioned above (mine is for an A100). So far, it appears my only option is to purchase an entire Base Plate Assembly (THU9850). Before spending $50 (cheaper sites I've found are out of stock) on the assembly, I figured I should check to see if someone here knows a way to get hold of the individual piece. It acts as a latch point, and it may also provide electrical continuity; the unit won't function without both brackets in place.

When I called Toto, the representative was pretty blunt in telling me there was no way other than buying the whole assembly. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for any nuisance factor, but I'm not quite ready for the pain of paying $50 when what I actually need is probably worth less than a quarter.

Thanks for your time.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I doubt that the clips are needed to run it. It does require someone either sitting down on it, or at the least, leaning your arm on the seat, which I do to test the seat after the install.
Pulling my pants down in front of clients is not my bag.

willyms

Reaction score
Your post was VERY informative for me. I recently received an "open box" Toto C200. Parts were floating around in box and included only one of the metal "teeth" inserts for the base plate. I couldn't tell what it was for since the directions did not identify it as required on base plate for function of same.
And lid tank assembly simply would not lock onto base plate teflon-only teeth. I shipped it back as defective, which it was without proper identification of "teeth" in instructions. And it is not even clear that purchase of the base plate would include the metal teeth inserts. I cannot see "teeth" on the THU9492 diagram. These are essential parts for functioning of latch, they are small and readily lost (particularly down toilet). I could not figure out how the C200 unit could function with out workable latch. Now I know and will probably try another one. Your picture was very informative.

Koa

In the Trades
Reaction score
I doubt that the clips are needed to run it. It does require someone either sitting down on it, or at the least, leaning your arm on the seat, which I do to test the seat after the install.
Pulling my pants down in front of clients is not my bag.

If you unlatch the seat from the bracket while the unit is on, it turns itself off, the power light will blink but it won’t function. Maybe there’s a position with the latch once slipped over bracket even without clips that would allow it to run?

BM4707

Reaction score
If you unlatch the seat from the bracket while the unit is on, it turns itself off, the power light will blink but it won’t function. Maybe there’s a position with the latch once slipped over bracket even without clips that would allow it to run?
I had a similar experience. After installing the Toto SW2044 I could not lock the washlet to the base plate. I assumed I damaged the base plate so I went ahead and used it as is. No problem electrically. If you move it forward too far you lose the electrical connection. Been using it that way for a few months. Then I saw the fantastic picture of your base plate with the two metal inserts. I remembered finding them on the bathroom floor sometime after the installation and I had thrown them in my metal scrap box. I was fortunate to have saved them and even more fortunate to have seen your picture !! Why can't Toto have a picture like that ? They have a great product but a lousy installation photo.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Why can't Toto have a picture like that ? They have a great product but a lousy installation photo.

I looked for a good picture on the TOTO site too. My clips had fallen off and it would have been nice to know the orientation to place them back in. So because it was hard for me, I took and posted the picture so it could be shared. I'm in the field though, and not behind a desk. Well......I'm typing this from a desk, but I do install plenty of their products.

Boneym

Reaction score
Hi
I was just given a "used" SW2034 Washlet C100 ( don't worry it's clean and sanitized!!!). Everything is assembled EXCEPT they threw out the base plate assembly. I can't find one on TOTO and they weren't very optimistic about it coming back in stock. Any ideas on how to find one or do I just throw the seat out :(

IMG_3579.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks