Wall Hung Glenwall and Sanipak - HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

cgetty

Reaction score
I am installing an AS Glenwall in my basement and using a sanipak by saniflo macerating pump. I hired a very unrelaiable plumber who obviouslyn never worked with a wall hung before. He ran a water line to where the toilet was going and told me to have the contractor finish the walls before he roughed in the waste and wall carrier for the toilet. Now I have top have someone open the wall and put in the wall carrier. I have a couple of questions:

1. Do the studs need to be 2x6 or can I get away with 2x4's?

2. Does the Zurn Bracket sold on Terry's web site work with this toilet? I see that it is for 12 inch center studs... since I am going to have to open the wall and probably move the studs - Is there an adjustable bracket I should buy?

3. The sanipak intake for the toilet waste is about 7 inches (centerline) from the floor - when looking at the installation instructions for this toilet - it looks like the waste centerline is only about 5 1/2 inches (centerline) at best from the finished floor. How the heck do I install this to get the waste line to have a 3% drop to the sanipak pump? What am I missing as sanipak says it can be installed with any american wall hung toilet? In other words what height do I hang the toilet for the waste outlet centerline to get it to work with this pump?

Really appreciate the help.
http://www.saniflo.com/upload/products/7/manual_sanipack.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any bowl will need a bracket.
The glenwall uses the 4 bolt bracket shown on my shopping cart.
It's not adjustable; the studs are. To gravity drain to the SaniPak, the bowl will need to be higher then normal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks