Vent Stack

Users who are viewing this thread

C

chase

I recently had a plumber re-route a vent stack involving a couple of 90 turns. I noticed after he left that there is a 'reverse slope' to some of the pipe. In other words there are a couple of places where the gas will have to follow the pipe down for a short distance then continue on up. It looks like he may have cut one of the pipe runs a little too long which forced the 90s on either end to be a bit too high and too low respectively. Will the stack still work properly? Will sewer gas still be able to escape?

Thanks,
Chase

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The vent pipes shoulld grade down, or at least be flat.
If not, they will hold rain water.
A little water depth would still allow air to go by, but it's not how I would do it.

You can throw a level on them, and see if they are.
It's not always easy to eyeball them.
Unless of course, you've become a trained plumbing mechanic.
At least that's the story I'm going with.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Terry,
when you got your RK, did you ask the doc to install the micro bubble with gradiant lines? I know it costs a little more and insurance won't cover it, but now when you "eyeball" something, you aren't just "eyeballing." You know exactly how much pitch there is.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
kordts said:
Terry,
when you got your RK, did you ask the doc to install the micro bubble with gradiant lines? I know it costs a little more and insurance won't cover it, but now when you "eyeball" something, you aren't just "eyeballing." You know exactly how much pitch there is.

Kordts, I like the idea, I will have that done when I go to have my eyes done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks