Vent My Bathroom Please

Users who are viewing this thread

santhony7

Reaction score
1565717491.png
I know this is a LOT to ask but in case someone feels like playing around with it. I am trying to vent 2 bathrooms. The diagram shows my foundation and the walls on the first floor. All plumbing is in the basement. All waste goes down that long 4" run on the right. I can't run any venting up any wall that is on the foundation. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it. Would this work or am I putting too much on one vent?

Last edited:

Stuff

Reaction score
Assuming wet vent distances are OK - one vent for each lav, one vent at rear shower as in last pic, and one vent at/just after bath but before 4".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Vents have very specific locaions relative to fixtures and traps. You CANNOT just stick a pipe up from a drain "somewhere" and call it a vent. Most of your drains are NOT vented.

santhony7

Reaction score
Wow. People on this forum are super nice. Just got done beating your dogs I assume. No matter, it’s not that far off. All fixtures are 6’ or less from a vent.

Cjlambert

Red-Seal Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
If you don’t want the truth, don’t ask for it. Your drawings clearly indicate you are out of your element. Take the advice given and hire a plumber.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
We study and work for years to become plumbers and if we don't get every little detail right we won't pass a building inspection or the plumbing system won't work right. That's all we're trying to say.
It's not personal. Good luck.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most homes have at least three vents through the roof. Proper venting is what prevents a p-trap from siphoning. I've been to countries where the smells from the plumbing systems was done wrong, and the smells, you can't even imagine.

Typically, a good place to vent a bathroom group is at the lav. There is always a wall there that a vent can be run up in. Oh and please don't somebody say you saw a lav in the middle of the room without a wall. There might be one, but I'm okay not knowing about it. :)

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
fd8b8bc17cd52ab0555f82e96303b94d.jpg
Most homes have at least three vents through the roof. Proper venting is what prevents a p-trap from siphoning. I've been to countries where the smells from the plumbing systems was done wrong, and the smells, you can't even imagine.

Typically, a good place to vent a bathroom group is at the lav. There is always a wall there that a vent can be run up in. Oh and please don't somebody say you saw a lav in the middle of the room without a wall. There might be one, but I'm okay not knowing about it. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks