Vent My Bathroom Please

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by santhony7, Aug 13, 2019.

1. santhony7

santhony7 New Member

Application Architect (programmer)
    1565717491.png I know this is a LOT to ask but in case someone feels like playing around with it. I am trying to vent 2 bathrooms. The diagram shows my foundation and the walls on the first floor. All plumbing is in the basement. All waste goes down that long 4" run on the right. I can't run any venting up any wall that is on the foundation. If you can help, I'd really appreciate it. Would this work or am I putting too much on one vent?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. santhony7

santhony7 New Member

Or should I add another 2" vent for the shower that would act as a wet vent for the toilet? 1565718934.png

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. santhony7

santhony7 New Member

Or make my roof a pincushion 1565719193.png

5. James Henry

James Henry Member

Plumber
    What did you do? get an "Application Architect " / " Programmer " to draw that.

6. Stuff

Stuff Active Member

Assuming wet vent distances are OK - one vent for each lav, one vent at rear shower as in last pic, and one vent at/just after bath but before 4".

7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Vents have very specific locaions relative to fixtures and traps. You CANNOT just stick a pipe up from a drain "somewhere" and call it a vent. Most of your drains are NOT vented.

8. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

You are so far off I suggest hiring a plumber. Or do a bit of research and repost

cjlambert likes this.
  9. santhony7

santhony7 New Member

Wow. People on this forum are super nice. Just got done beating your dogs I assume. No matter, it’s not that far off. All fixtures are 6’ or less from a vent.

10. cjlambert

cjlambert Red-Seal Licensed Plumber

Magician
    If you don’t want the truth, don’t ask for it. Your drawings clearly indicate you are out of your element. Take the advice given and hire a plumber.

11. James Henry

James Henry Member

Plumber
    We study and work for years to become plumbers and if we don't get every little detail right we won't pass a building inspection or the plumbing system won't work right. That's all we're trying to say.
    It's not personal. Good luck.

12. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Most homes have at least three vents through the roof. Proper venting is what prevents a p-trap from siphoning. I've been to countries where the smells from the plumbing systems was done wrong, and the smells, you can't even imagine.

Typically, a good place to vent a bathroom group is at the lav. There is always a wall there that a vent can be run up in. Oh and please don't somebody say you saw a lav in the middle of the room without a wall. There might be one, but I'm okay not knowing about it. :)

13. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

fd8b8bc17cd52ab0555f82e96303b94d.jpg

14. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Oh my!