Ultramax toilet keeps running

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob M

Reaction score
I'm sure you've had this question before but when I did a search I couldn't find it.

I have a Toto Ultramax with the G-max flushing system. It is at a pooint where it keeps running - water fills the tank, past the overflow hole and doesn't stop. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

D

dc_homeplumber

It sounds like one of two problems -- neither of which is severe. First, check to make sure the flapper in the tank is closing completely after the flush and seating properly against the opening of the flush valve at the bottom center of the tank. If that's not the problem, then you should replace the fill valve in the tank. The Ultramax is equipped new with a fill valve made by Korky and I'm told they are readily available in hardware stores. If you can't find the Korky, you can use a Fluidmaster. They're inexpensive and easy to install. Just follow the directions that come with it.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could have gotten some sand or junk in the seal valve. Not sure on the Korky, but that part is probably replaceable. It may be just take it out and clean it off. On a Fluidmaster, it is about a 30-second operation, not sure on the Korky. A whole new valve is pretty cheap, so either way may work. If this is the first time you plumbed it up, it could be that the valve water height was incorrectly adjusted, too. Again, I'm not familiar with how to do that on a Korky, on a Fluidmaster, you twist the float like a screw, and it adjusts up and down. The Korky doesn't look like it works that way, I just don't know.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
quietfill.jpg

The fill valve is made by Korky.
Repairs are simple. Instructions are here.
One of the local big box stores here carries the assembly cap and the Korky fill valve. I know I carry them on my trucks.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks